Benefits to SUPing with Capital SUP
Capital SUP has been serving up positive vibes on the water for the last ten years via our kayak and stand-up paddleboard rentals. But we are so much more than just a place to rent a vessel. With our motto “Arrive with a Purpose, Depart with a Passion,” our mission is to connect people to the water and make the world a more active place by promoting the culture and sport of paddling.
From yoga and pilates on the water to summer Grom Camp to keep kids active during the summer, our programs, lessons, and activities are chock full of benefits for your mind, body and soul. Here are six reasons SUPing is beneficial for your health and wellness.
- Full-body workout: SUPing provides a full-body workout that engages all of your muscles, from your arms and shoulders to your core and legs. This is because you use your full body to maintain your balance and an upright position on the board while paddling. As a result, you burn calories, build strength, and improve your overall fitness level.
For our more seasoned paddlers, Capital SUP also offers race training to take your workout and overall fitness further. Train to win with us by registering for our sessions: https://capitalsup.com/lessons-classes/race-training/
- Low-impact exercise: Unlike many other forms of exercise, stand-up paddleboarding is low-impact, which means it’s easy on your joints. This makes it an excellent choice for people who have arthritis or other conditions that make high-impact activities uncomfortable.
At Capital SUP, we try to make SUPing and kayaking accessible for all ages and abilities, and offer lessons and advice for participants who are newer or anxious about getting on the water.
- Improved balance and coordination: SUPing requires you to maintain your balance on a moving surface, which can help improve your balance and coordination over time. This can be particularly beneficial for older adults who may be at risk of falling.
That being said, one of the common reasons people avoid getting on a stand-up paddleboard is that they are afraid to fall off. But on a warm summer day, what’s the harm in cooling off? Whether you stay firmly planted or take a dip in the bay, you’re sure to enjoy getting your fill of Vitamin D and spending a day on the water.
- Reduced stress: Being out on the water can be incredibly calming and peaceful, which can help reduce stress and anxiety. SUPing allows you to enjoy the beauty of nature while getting a great workout, which can be a powerful combination for improving your mental health. With a seasoned team of experts, Capital SUP also takes the stress out of the rental process, getting you out on the water quickly and efficiently.
- Increased flexibility: SUP involves a lot of twisting and turning, which can help improve your flexibility over time. This can be particularly beneficial for people who spend a lot of time sitting at a desk or who have limited mobility.
At Capital SUP, you can take your flexibility to the next level with our yoga and pilates experiences on the water. We promise it’s not as hard as it sounds. Learn more about these very popular and accessible programs here: https://capitalsup.com/lessons-classes/sup-yoga-fitness/
- Fun and social activity: SUP can be a fun and social activity that you can enjoy with friends and family. It’s a great way to spend time outdoors, explore new places, and create lasting memories.
Including birthday parties, field trips, corporate outings, and bachelor/bachelorette parties, Capital SUP specializes in private group tours and rentals. Make your next special event memorable by booking with us! https://capitalsup.com/activities-events/private-group-events/
With the start of the season quickly approaching in May, plan ahead to take advantage of all of the benefits Capital SUP and stand-up paddleboarding have to offer. Learn more about our paddle memberships, rentals, Grom Summer Camp, and more on our website today: https://capitalsup.com/activities-events/
Are you a veteran, senior, student, or family unit? If so, you might be eligible for a discount! Check out our paddle memberships to learn how you can enjoy the water for less. https://capitalsup.com/activities-events/paddle-membership/