GROM CAMP IS BACK! – COVID-19 Response Plan
Capital SUP Grom Camp is back for it’s 6th season! Our four-days kids “Grom” camps are filled with learning sessions, water safety, how to SUP, SUP Yoga & Fitness, SUP Games, Beach Clean Ups, and Clean Water Education. Most importantly, every Grom will leave camp with a greater appreciation and love for the outdoors!
We’re planning on making the camps this season the best ones yet! However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the camps will look and feel different. To ensure your kid’s safety at Capital SUP, here are the protocols we are implementing this season.
GROM CAMP COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
The below Safety COVID-19 Response Plan has been designed to ensure the safety of all 2020 Capital SUP Grom Camp participants. Following guidelines from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and directives from the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) regarding Youth Camps, the following plans, protocols, and actions will be active during all Summer 2020 Grom camps:
OUR PLAN FOR DISEASE SPREAD PREVENTION
- All campers must be residents of the State of Maryland.
- All campers and staff will be socially distant by at least 6 feet wherever possible.
- We will be providing scattered check-in times for campers to limit their exposure to other parents and non-campers.
- Markings & signage in addition to the leadership of camp counselors will be available to help campers maintain social distancing.
- All activities during the week of Grom Camp will take place outside, either on-land or on-water.
- Face coverings (CAP SUP neck gators – photo below) will be provided to campers on the first day, and their use will be mandatory on-land for campers ages 9 & above
- Any parent who gets out of their car to drop-off their camper(s) must also wear a mask.
- Signs & Instruction for Safety will be provided.
- Signs will be present on sight as a reminder for campers of safety guidelines related to reducing the spread of COVID-19, in addition to verbal instruction provided by camp counselors.
- Handwashing stations will be present on-land for campers to wash their hands before & after touching any equipment, food, or common surfaces.
- We have an additional plan for cleaning & sanitizing all equipment and high-touch surfaces! (see below)
- Our group size for each camp has been reduced to ten (10) individuals total for the Summer, with a small camper to instructor ratio of 4:1!
OUR PLAN FOR CLEANING & SANITIZING
- All paddleboards, paddles, leashes, and lifejackets will be sanitized prior to use by campers before & after each-day of camp.
- Counselors & staff will ensure that equipment will not be shared or swapped between campers unless properly sanitized in between uses.
- Any high-touch surfaces will be cleaned at frequent intervals and whenever necessary.
OUR PLAN FOR MONITORING THE HEALTH OF OUR GROMS & STAFF
- Any camper with underlying medical conditions needs to get clearance from their physician before participating and be able to provide proof of that clearance.
- All campers and camp counselors will get their temperatures checked with a contactless infrared thermometer when they get to camp each day!
- Counselors will also be monitoring campers to ensure no one is showing symptoms of COVID-19 before or during camp.
- Any campers and counselors who are experiencing symptoms before camp will not be allowed to participate and must stay at home.
- Here is the CDC’s list of symptoms for COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. if someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
- Our counselors are all CPR certified and know how to perform hands-only CPR
OUR FOOD PLAN
- Delicious & nutritious meals will be provided during each camp session
- All food will be prepared and individually packaged by Luna Blu Restaurant in Annapolis, MD!
- Campers will be instructed and required to wash their hands before eating and maintain social distancing when being served their packaged meal.
With all of these new protocols in place, Capital SUP has so many exciting and engaging activities planned for our Groms to soak up summer of the water, safely!
Monday – Thursday, 9:00AM-12:00PM & Full-Day Session 9:00AM-3:00PM
- June 29-July 2
- July 6-9, 20-23, 27-30
- August 10-13, 24-27
- July 13-16
- August 3-6, 17-20
Half-Day Session: $300/child
Full-Day Session: $550/child
Multi-Kid Discounts are available – Please email [email protected] for the discount code
- A nutritious lunch will be provided – educating the kids on healthy meals that complement paddling
- All participants are required to wear life jackets and all students must feel comfortable around and on the water
- Discounts for multi-child signups are available – email [email protected]
- REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED SHOULD CAPITAL SUP HAVE TO CANCEL CAMP DUE TO ANY COVID-19 SHUTDOWNS
Please direct any additional questions about camp or our COVID-19 Safety Plan to [email protected] or give us a call at (410) 919-9402.